A Seamless Foundation to Year 12 Pathway
Medium sized school by choice
At a time when the trend in education is towards larger Foundation – Year 12 campuses, often referred to as ‘super-schools’, Golden Grove Lutheran Primary School deliberately and proudly remains a medium sized primary school.
Our structure is unique in that it enables students to enjoy the distinctive elements of primary and secondary education, yet at the same time also benefit from a united, cohesive and connected Foundation to Year 12 experience.
We strongly believe that this structure ensures:
- all students develop and maintain an identity;
- high standards of behaviour and consistent, effective behavioural support is offered;
- staff and the wider community are able to maximise individual attention, focus care and take a personal interest in each child’s journey; and
- application and effort is celebrated as individual potential is maximised.
Foundation to Year 12 journey in partnership with Endeavour College
Whilst we acknowledge the enormous benefits of medium sized schools, we passionately strive for the provision of a seamless Foundation - Year 12 educational pathway where consistent values and expectations are promoted across the primary and secondary years. Golden Grove Lutheran Primary School in cooperation with Endeavour College, Mawson Lakes, provides this pathway. School leaders, staff and students, mix across the campuses, planning, interacting and delivering engaging student experiences and opportunities. Our graduating students have priority entry to Endeavour College and our staff teams collaborate closely to ensure that students have the best possible transition.
Our Connected Schools structure sees our students enjoy a range of transition visits to Endeavour College and shared activities including:
- annual Athletics Carnival with activities led by Endeavour College students
- combined worship service annually for Years 4 – 6 with Year 7
- Year 4 Art Excursion to Endeavour College
- Sports coaching visits to Golden Grove Lutheran led by Endeavour College students
- Students progressing from Golden Grove to Endeavour College sporting teams through the transition to secondary education
- Staff from each school enjoying biennial professional learning conferences with world class speakers
- Termly meetings of Principals, leadership teams and learning leaders
- Combined Connected Schools Vision for Reconciliation and continued development of a shared Reconciliation Action Plan.
We provide a school bus service to and from the Golden Grove Lutheran Primary School campus and Endeavour College on a daily basis.
To learn more about our Connected Schools programme, please visit the Connected Schools website