LEARNING AND CURRICULUM
Golden Grove Lutheran Primary School (GGLPS) offers an engaging, significant, relevant, challenging curriculum, ensuring students are equipped with essential knowledge, skills and capabilities across all learning areas to be confident global citizens of the future.
Teaching and learning at GGLPS is guided by the International Bacculareate (IB) Primary Years Programme (PYP) Framework, the content of the Australian Curriculum and Lutheran Education Christian Studies Curriculum.
The PYP is an international, transdisciplinary programme, designed to foster the development of the whole child through inquiry. Encouraging students to question, investigate, build new understandings, meanings, knowledge and communicate.
At GGLPS we believe that optimal learning for all occurs when:
- safe and respectful relationships are grounded in trust, communication and collaboration
- high challenge learning design is differentiated to drive individual growth and support wellbeing
- learning is relevant, engaging and significant and is constructed through conceptual understanding and the process of inquiry
- the learner can confidently activate the relevant skills, habits and dispositions, including critical and creative thinking for success now and in the future
- quality assessment and effective feedback practices empower reflective learners as agents of their own learning