About Golden Grove Lutheran Primary School
Located on the scenic foothills of the Adelaide Hills only 20 minutes north of Adelaide, Golden Grove Lutheran Primary School is a dynamic and professional learning environment in a tranquil deciduous bushland setting close to walking trails, beaches, cafes, wineries, and many of the cultural landmarks of South Australia.
Since opening in 1988, Golden Grove Lutheran Primary School has developed an excellent reputation for a quality, well-rounded education and as one of the leading Independent schools in Adelaide. The school operates under the auspices of the Lutheran Church of Australia and has close to 250 students from Foundation to Year 6, predominantly in stage-based cluster groupings. Golden Grove Lutheran Primary School has a committed and professional staff, a warm parent community, enthusiastic and engaged students, and strong, supportive links with LESNW and AISSA.
The school has utilised a range of contemporary, research-based programs to enhance student engagement including the International Baccalaureate Primary Years Programme, and the Kidsmatter and Restorative Practices initiatives for student wellbeing. The school is currently implementing strategic directions with a focus on literacy, numeracy, and student agency to enhance student learning growth and further build the quality of our research-based classroom practice.
An opportunity exists for you to join our professional and enthusiastic team to collaborate with our staff team in leading the school into its next stages of growth and excellence. Our strategic human resources goal as an employer of choice is to establish the school as a market leader that supports and develops our staff team to be high performing and pursue excellence for themselves and others. The school is highly supportive of its staff team and offers an attractive package of remuneration, professional development, technology, and collegial support.
The Christian mission of the Lutheran Church is therefore a central purpose of our school. We are seeking teachers with personal Christian faith and evidence of regular involvement with a church in order that they may be able to contribute fully to the spiritual goals of the school.
Golden Grove Lutheran Primary School offers eligible employees a range of employee benefits in addition to a safe, harmonious, and engaging workplace.
- Access to extensive library resources – fiction and non-fiction
- Access to long service leave entitlement after 7 years of continuous service for eligible employees
- Free on-site car park
- Paid parental leave for both females and males
- Use of school facilities including our school recreation facilities and BBQs (conditions apply)
Your health and wellbeing
- Health and wellbeing initiatives from the Staff Health and Wellbeing Program ‘Champ Programs’
- Free flu vaccinations
- Confidential counselling service for employees available through the School’s Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Free access to Golden Grove Lutheran Primary School basketball and netball courts (conditions apply)
You as a professional
- Access to professional journals
- Annual development discussions to enhance professional and personal growth
- Learning and development budget for further professional development
- Quality workplace clothing available for staff convenience from our uniform shop
- Training provided including First Aid
- Reduced school fees for participating partner schools
- Salary sacrifice program for school fees, superannuation, and laptops/iPads
- Superannuation and financial seminars
Social and community
- End of school year activities/function for all employees
- Staff celebration at the commencement of each school year
Thank you for recently showing interest in gaining work as a temporary relief teacher at Golden Grove Lutheran Primary School.
Accompanying this letter is a standard Application for Relieving Positions 2022 form that we ask all of our TRTs to fill in. The form requires you to present to us a copy of your resume and current Certificate of Teacher Registration. Please fill in the form and return it with the required documents as soon as possible so we can process your application and potentially use your services in the coming terms.
Our school has adopted the Valuing Safe Communities (VSC) program developed by Lutheran Education Australia. It is a requirement that temporary relief teachers complete this program (contact the school for login access) and also provide evidence of a police check.
Upon receiving your personal information, please be ensured that Golden Grove Lutheran Primary School has very strict guidelines with regard to how this information is handled and your privacy is maintained. The guidelines applicable to you are as follows:
• Information gathered by way of the application for relieving positions in 2022 form may be stored for up to five years
• We will not disclose your personal information to a third party without your consent
• If you provide us with the personal information of others, we encourage you to inform them that you are disclosing that information to the school and why
Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions or concerns regarding the form or requirements of other documents. Thank you for offering your time to our school and we eagerly look forward to potentially utilizing your talents in the coming year.
With Christian greetings,