A bit about Golden Grove Lutheran Primary School
Located on the scenic foothills of the Adelaide Hills only 20 minutes north of Adelaide, Golden Grove Lutheran Primary School is a dynamic and professional learning environment in a tranquil deciduous bushland setting close to walking trails, beaches, cafes, wineries, and many of the cultural landmarks of South Australia.
Since opening in 1988, Golden Grove Lutheran Primary School has developed an excellent reputation for a quality, well-rounded education and as one of the leading Independent schools in Adelaide. The school operates under the auspices of the Lutheran Church of Australia and has close to 250 students from Foundation to Year 6, predominantly in stage-based cluster groupings. Golden Grove Lutheran Primary School has a committed and professional staff, a warm parent community, enthusiastic and engaged students, and strong, supportive links with LESNW and AISSA.
The school has utilised a range of contemporary, research-based programs to enhance student engagement including the International Baccalaureate Primary Years Programme, and the Kidsmatter and Restorative Practices initiatives for student wellbeing. The school is currently implementing strategic directions with a focus on literacy, numeracy, and student agency to enhance student learning growth and further build the quality of our research-based classroom practice.
An opportunity exists for you to join our professional and enthusiastic team to collaborate with our staff team in leading the school into its next stages of growth and excellence. Our strategic human resources goal as an employer of choice is to establish the school as a market leader that supports and develops our staff team to be high performing and pursue excellence for themselves and others. The school is highly supportive of its staff team and offers an attractive package of remuneration, professional development, technology, and collegial support.
The Christian mission of the Lutheran Church is therefore a central purpose of our school. We are seeking teachers with personal Christian faith and evidence of regular involvement with a church in order that they may be able to contribute fully to the spiritual goals of the school.
Golden Grove Lutheran Primary School offers eligible employees a range of employee benefits in addition to a safe, harmonious, and engaging workplace.
- Access to extensive library resources – fiction and non-fiction
- Access to long service leave entitlement after 7 years of continuous service for eligible employees
- Free on-site car park
- Paid parental leave for both females and males
- Use of school facilities including our school recreation facilities and BBQs (conditions apply)
Your health and wellbeing
- Health and wellbeing initiatives from the Staff Health and Wellbeing Program ‘Champ Programs’
- Free flu vaccinations
- Confidential counselling service for employees available through the School’s Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Free access to Golden Grove Lutheran Primary School basketball and netball courts (conditions apply)
You as a professional
- Access to professional journals
- Annual development discussions to enhance professional and personal growth
- Learning and development budget for further professional development
- Quality workplace clothing available for staff convenience from our uniform shop
- Training provided including First Aid
- Reduced school fees for participating partner schools
- Salary sacrifice program for school fees, superannuation, and laptops/iPads
- Superannuation and financial seminars
Social and community
- End of school year activities/function for all employees
- Staff celebration at the commencement of each school year
An opportunity has become available for an accredited and experienced school counsellor/psychologist to join Golden Grove Lutheran Primary School – one of Adelaide’s leading independent schools. The successful applicant will work within a supportive team in an outstanding, vibrant school committed to inspiring and developing students’ spiritual, academic, emotional and social potential through our values of ‘Believe, Collaborate, Achieve’.
The role encompasses working with students who require a higher level of support and intervention and assists in personal counselling, and provides guidance and mentoring to teachers to enhance their understanding of student wellbeing issues and supporting families.
The role is a full-time, term-time role for the remainder of 2021. The possibility exists for the role to continue into future years and the start date may be negotiable for the successful applicant.
A key component of the School Counsellor role is to complement the wellbeing team and Chaplaincy program by drawing on psychological and/or counselling qualifications and/or experience to:
- support students through assessing individual learning needs,
- planning appropriate Individual Learning Programs for students with learning and social/emotional needs,
- supporting teachers to modify and adapt curricula and instruction and to adjust classroom facilities and routines to improve student engagement and learning.
The School Counsellor would additionally support teachers in monitoring and effectively communicating with parents about student progress and provide culturally responsive services to students and families from diverse backgrounds.
The School Counsellor will ideally be a registered psychologist and have specific, qualifications in psycho-educational assessment, counselling and therapeutic interventions which will enable them to fulfil the core responsibilities listed in the Position Description.
The School Counsellor works within the professional and ethical guidelines of Golden Grove Lutheran Primary School, the Psychology Board of Australia and/or the professional organisation to which they may belong.
You are most welcome to contact the Principal for a confidential conversation about the role at the school on (08) 8282 6000. Further information about the school can also be found on our website https://www.goldengrove.sa.edu.au
- a resume or CV,
- a short (one page) statement of the vision that the successful applicant would bring to the role, and
- details of a current working with children check and three referees, one of whom would ideally be a current supervisor and another a pastoral referee.
These should be submitted as Word or PDF documents to the Principal, Mr William Wallace, via email firstname.lastname@example.org by COB on Friday 14 May 2021.
Thank you for recently showing interest in gaining work as a temporary relief teacher at Golden Grove Lutheran Primary School.
Accompanying this letter is a standard Application for Relieving Positions 2020 form that we ask all of our TRT’s to fill in. The form requires you to present to us a copy of your resume and current Certificate of Teacher Registration. I ask that you please fill in the form and return it with the required documents as soon as possible so we can process your application and potentially use your services in the coming terms.
Our school has adopted the Valuing Safe Communities (VSC) program developed by Lutheran Education Australia. It is a requirement that temporary relief teachers complete this program (contact the school for login access) and also provide evidence of a police check.
Upon receiving your personal information please be ensured that Golden Grove Lutheran Primary School has very strict guidelines with regard to how this information is handled and your privacy is maintained. The guidelines applicable to you are as follows:
• Information gathered by way of the Application for Relieving Positions in 2018 form may be stored for up to five years
• You may seek access to your personal information that we hold if you are unsuccessful in gaining TRT work at Golden Grove Lutheran Primary School. However, there will be occasions when access is denied. Such occasions would include where access would have an unreasonable impact on the privacy of others
• We will not disclose your personal information to a third party without your consent
• If you provide us with the personal information of others, we encourage you to inform them that you are disclosing that information to the school and why
Please feel free to telephone me if you have any questions or concerns regarding the form or requirement of other documents. Thank you for offering your time to our school and I eagerly look forward to potentially utilizing your talents in the coming year.
With Christian greetings,