Class carer mission statement
Showing Jesus love through care and fellowship within the school community.
The aims of GGLPS class carers
- To uphold and promote the ethos of GGLPS
- To better care for the students and families of our school
- To assist teachers in the care and support of the students and families of their class
- To increase and act upon our sense of community
- To provide more efficient channels of communication between families and between families and the school
Class Carers is a network designed to support families and teachers within our school community in times of crisis and need eg sickness, hospitalisation, birth.
Class Carers Members 2021
- Class Carer Coordinators
- Karen McKinnon and Karen Tiller
- Foundation Cluster
- Kylie Myllynen (mum of Lucia FH & Ruby 1/2D) and Amie Jones (mum of Harvey FH & Connor 1/2S)
- 1/2 Cluster
- Claire Rathjen (mum of Hugo 1/2S, Abbey 3/4T and Jasmin 5/6G), Karen McKinnon (mum of Connor 1/2F and Madeline 5/6N), Cassie Pedersen (mum of Sally 1/2D & Jamie 3/4), and Samantha Fox (mum of Jemma 1/2D)
- Year 3/4 cluster
- Kylie Chinca (mum of Emily 3/4M & Sophia 5/6G), Karen Tiller (mum of Chelsea 3/4P & Bayley 5/6N) and Diane Mann (mum of Tom 3/4 & Aimee 5/6G)
- Year 5/6 cluster
- Jenny Batchelor (mum of Rafferty 5/6G & Jorja 3/4M), Kerri Monteiro (mum of Ruby 5/6G & Lucas 1/2F), Wendy Eddleston (mum of Hope 5/6G) and Peta Albrecht (mum of Ethan 5/6H)
Our role as class carers is to support families and teachers within the school community in times of crisis and need e.g., sickness & injury, hospitalisation, birth. We can provide support in practical ways such as meals for a family in need and are happy to help where we can. Just get in touch with one of us if you or someone you know within the school is in need of some extra support.
If any parent or caregiver is interested in helping out as a class carer, we would love to talk with you about it further.
Thanks, we are all looking forward to a great year ahead.
2021 Class Carers