We would like to acknowledge the Kuarna people who are the traditional custodians of the land on which our school stands and pay respect to Elders, past and present and emerging, of the Kuarna nation.
Golden Grove Lutheran Primary School is committed to improving the wellbeing and the educational outcomes of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students so that they achieve their full learning potential, are empowered to shape their own futures and are supported to embrace their culture.
To create broader awareness of Indigenous perspectives for all members of our school community, as well as to advance the outcomes of all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students, we have a committed and dedicated Indigenous Education Team who have worked collaboratively across our Connected Schools group of Lutheran Learning communities to create our Reconciliation Vision statement and drawing upon resources provided by Narragunnawalli to create a culturally inclusive school environment.
As a learning community, we
- provide cultural education and experiences for both Aboriginal and non-Aboriginal students.
- promote indigenous leadership through our Year 6 student leadership roles of RAP Co-ordinators.
- celebrate significant events during the year, including Reconciliation Week, Sorry Day, Harmony Day, Indigenous Literacy Week and NAIDOC Week.
- develop and promote an understanding of and respect for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander histories, cultures and experiences through providing a high quality culturally inclusive curriculum through the IB PYP.
- provide students with indigenous experiences across the curriculum through engaging in culturally rich excursions and incursions.
- develop, implement and evaluate effective Personalised Learning Plans (PLPs) to improve the educational outcomes for indigenous students.