back to classes
Please note this page holds cluster information for current term.
Students wear sport uniform on Wednesdays and Fridays.
Dear Parents and Carers,
What a quick week this has been. Please see below important information, dates and reminders for the following week.
***Please note students are welcome to bring a pair of gumboots to wear in next Fridays ‘Gumboot dance’ lesson.
This week students are encouraged to inquire/participate into the following at home . . .
Every night: Reading your reader (approx. 10 minutes each night, please record your reading in your communication books)
Sound of the week (see the weekly sound below and spelling activity ideas in your child’s communication book, these can be practised at home)
Maths: Students can calculate money at home (pretend shops) or count the coins from a purse. Students can try working out the amount of change needed from small notes.
What is happening in the Year 2/3 cluster!
Students are continuing to look at recount writing. Students use who, what, where, when, why, how and feeling to help them construct a detailed recount.
Sound of the week: Year 2 (‘a’’) Year 3 (ti)
Waft waddle wallet wallaby squabble
Station action friction stationary dictionary
Mathematics: We are continuing with inquiry into fraction (1 whole ½, ¼ and 1/8). Students are also looking at Australian money and its value.
Unit of Inquiry: How the World Works: ‘Living things go through a process of change’
Students are completing their summative task for this unit. We have been extremely pleased with the student’s enthusiasm and self-inquiry throughout the duration of this unit.
Students will begin their new unit about ‘How we express ourselves’ next week.
Georgia Papini, Beth Waldhuter and Sue Prideaux
- Assembly – Classes sharing this week are 1L/4P/56D. Assembly is held in the Worship Centre at 2:30pm on Mondays.
- Chapel –Chapel this Friday 26th October led by Pastor Greg (year 4 Step up to Communion) and Chapel Friday 2nd November led by Jason.
- Children of Christ – Next event Bike Night 16th November more information to come
- Cyber safe families – Monday 5th November at 7pm in the Worship Centre. Cybersafe families will be presenting an information session on effectively managing the digital environment in your homes. Bookings are essential and can be made through the school website.
- Edumate – Parents and caregivers are strongly encouraged to ensure that the medical information which we hold at school is current (this is held on Edumate). We have come across a few situations where we are using outdated information (or none at all) to address medical needs of students. You can check the information which we have by logging into Edumate via the parent portal on the school website. If you can’t remember your username or password, click the ‘Can’t login?’ link or fill in the help form and we will aim to fix the issue.
- Golden Grove Lutheran Church (GGLC) playgroup – is run each Friday of the school term by ChildSafe volunteers of GGLC and is open to all within our church, school and wider community. Playgroup begins at 9:30am with mainly music, followed by a fruit snack and playtime. Gold coin donation.
School calendar – The annual school calendar can be found on the school website http://www.goldengrove.sa.edu.au/calendar/
Dates to add to your diary:
Monday October 22 – P & F meeting in the Staff Admin Building at 7:00pm
Tuesday October 23 – Year 6 excursion: Ingenuity Expo 12:30-4pm
Friday October 26 – Foundation BBQ evening at 3pm-6pm
Tuesday October 30 – Year 5 Celebration of Learning
Wednesday October 31 – Principal’s Tour 9:00am
Monday November 5 – Cyber Safety Talk from 6:30pm-8:30pm in the Worship Centre
Tuesday November 6 – Friday November 9 year 2-4 Swimming
Tuesday November 6 – Exhibition evening
Saturday November 10 – Credit Union Christmas Pageant
Sunday November 11 – Remembrance Day
Monday November 12 – Foundation 2019 Orientation Evening 7:00pm
Wednesday November 14 – MOT brekkie from 7:45am
Wednesday November 14 – Connected Schools Athletics Day
Wednesday November 21 – Year 6 Graduation Dinner
Friday November 23 – CC’s Bike Night
Wednesday November 28 – Year 2/3 Celebration of Learning 6:00pm
Friday November 30- Christmas Picnic
Monday December 3 – P & F Meeting in the Staff Admin Building 7:00pm
Tuesday December 4 – Friday December 7 Foundation and year 1 swimming
Monday December 10 – Move up morning
Tuesday December 11 – Closing service 2:15pm
Tuesday December 11 – Graduation service 7:00pm
Wednesday December 12 – Non-compulsory day